Recreation Management, Hospitality and Tourism, or related majors
Summer Internship: May 15th – August 11th
(Negotiable, depending on student’s schedule and requirements)
Fripp Island, South Carolina
- Our Recreation Staff are responsible for assisting the Recreation Director and other recreation staff members with daily operations in the Fripp Island Activity Center.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating all activities and special events for children, resort guests, and club members.
- Gains exposure to resort operations and properties and offers correct information to guests about the island.
- Participates in the marketing and promoting of all recreation related events including Camp Fripp, Arts and Crafts, night programs, and sports tournaments.
- Generates enthusiasm through guest contact to promote recreational programs and island amenities on a daily basis.
- Tracks daily revenues and expenses, documents daily events, reviews supply of inventories, and keeps accurate retail sheet of daily sales.
- Completes all university requirements including weekly logs, special projects, reports, mid-term and final evaluations.
- Follows all Fripp Island policies regarding conduct, dress, and on-property living arrangements.
- Assists with office and clerical duties required by the department such as answering phones and taking reservations.
- Recreation staff have a 40 hour work week with the possibility of working weekends and holidays. Additional time off and guests can be accommodated.
- Perform additional duties upon request
- This internship is intended to fulfill part of the graduation requirements of students currently enrolled in an accredited university (for credit hours). Discuss with your advisor how this opportunity can be part of your curriculum.
- Excellent customer service skills and a positive, professional work demeanor
- CPR and First-Aid certified
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions
- Previous programing or planning experience
- Able to swim
- Able to lift 30-50 pounds
- Valid driver’s license
$375 bi-weekly stipend + housing on the island ($50 rent deducted per pay period)
Enjoy access to resort amenities including restaurants, fitness center, pools, golf, tennis, volleyball, and basketball. Lunch from the Marina Deli is provided at no charge to the intern every working day.
How to Apply:
Please submit your cover letter, resume/CV, and a list of references (2-3 past employers and 1-2 academic advisors) to Jessica Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org
February 15th (All day) Selection may be made before the deadline.