What are the Best Ways to Get Around Fripp Island Resort?
It might be an island, but once you arrive at Fripp Island Resort it is really easy to get around while you vacation here. Instead of dealing with the hassles and costs of a rental car, you can explore the island and all of its attractions using a variety of options, the more popular one being golf cart rentals.
How to Get Around Fripp Island Resort
The coast is a great place to ditch the car and be more creative with how you get around. While you are staying on Fripp Island, here are a few ways we recommend getting around:
- Golf Carts: As you tour the island, you might notice that most residents and visitors are driving on four wheels, but not in a car; instead, they use golf carts. Golf carts are perfect for going from the beach to your hotel to a local restaurant. Fripp Island golf cart rentals come in four and six-seater options, and you can rent them for an hour, the day, or an entire week.
- Bicycles: If you like to get in your exercise while touring the island, renting a bike is your next best choice. You can rent them for the day or an extended period, and when you provide 24 hours’ notice, you can have it delivered to your hotel for FREE. Bike rentals include trail bikes, trailers, and car seats so that you can find those two wheels that suit the entire family’s needs.
- Mopeds: For a little more speed and less work, rent a moped. They travel up to 25 miles per hour, which is all you need for getting around the island. Rent a moped by the hour, day, or week.
- Boat Rentals: You cannot visit an island without getting out onto the open water and exploring the seas. Rent a Carolina skiff to explore the backwaters or the Island or rent a 40-foot pontoon boat that includes a two-hour dolphin sightseeing tour.
- Walk: Walking is one of the nicest (free!) ways to get around because most of the amenities and attractions you want are within walking distance of your Fripp Island Resort accommodations. It also provides you with the opportunity to soak up the atmosphere, breathe in the salty, crisp air, and explore the scenery up close.
Fripp Island Golf & Beach Resort offers Island Excursion packages for those who want to explore the island. You can rent anything you need, including boats, mopeds, golf carts, and even kayaks along with your room. Not sure where you want to explore on the Island, use our handy Island Map to find fun things to do, beach access points and more!